Loyra Abogados is a law firm founded in 1982 and located at Paseo de la Castellana, the core of Madrid’s financial and business center.
“The work of a lawyer is mostly craftmanship”
LOYRA is specialist in regulated industries, i.e., those in which the intervention of the Public Authorities, though sectorial laws, regulations, permits, authorizations, licenses and concessions, is more intense. In particular, LOYRA has experience in sectors such as renewable energies, local television, games of chance, lotteries and betting and advises its clients on procedures for obtaining licenses, concessions, operation authorizations and representation before authorities both in Spain and in other countries (specially in Latin America) reaching out to its international network, when appropriate.
Likewise, LOYRA has been developing the commercial area specialized in advising on structuring operations, M & A and corporate law in general.
LOYRA also specializes in the development, implementation and evaluation of legal compliance “compliance” programs in companies.
During its decades of existence, the firm has participated in the legal and regulatory design of gambling regulations in several countries.
LOYRA has a team of lawyers specialized in advising and legally representing in the following areas:
GAMBLING AND BETTING LAW
- Licensing and administrative law.
- Legal Compliance
- M&A and similar transactions
- Critical contracts
- Online and offline
COMMERCIAL AND CORPORATE LAW (CORPORATE)
- Incorporation, developing and dissolution of companies
- Mergers and acquisitions (M & A): due diligence, structuring and documentation / advising in the negotiation of such operations
- Corporate governance (statutes and organizational regulations, shareholders’ agreements, best practices, organization of general meetings, boards of Directors and committees etc.)
- Business development: Joint Ventures and other forms of business cooperation
- Investment structuring, capital risk and venture capital
- Competition law – Antitrust
- Licenses, authorizations and concessions
- Regulations and other bylaws
- Government and institutional relations
- Administrative procedures
NEW TECHNOLOGIES, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND DATA PROTECTION
- Procurement in the area of new technologies and the Information Society
- Intellectual and industrial property
- Structures and agreements of software and hardware
- Data protection: audits and compliance schemes
- Compliance plans and processes adapted to the Spanish requirements (preventionn of criminal liability of legal persosn) crimes that can commit the companies and other legal persons)
- Compliance plans and processes adapted to foreign requirements and international trade relations.
- Legal advice to administrators, committees and compliance officers.
ADMINISTRATIVE, CIVIL AND COMMERCIAL LEGAL PROCESSES
- Declaratory judgments
- Special prosecutions
- Administrative processes
OTHER REGULATED SECTORS
- Security and cybersecurity
- Agricultural /food.
- Local television